SESEC is hiring an Associate Director. Associate Director Southeast Seattle Education Coalition (SESEC) is expanding! We are excited to hire a community minded professional who will help bring resources to SE Seattle schools and organizations. This position is right for someone with at least two-years of successful and professional grant writing experience. The job is four days a week (.8 FTE), and will work both onsite at SESEC’s office and in the community with partners and schools.
Background: SESEC is a coalition of community based organizations, schools, and parents/caregivers working together to improve education in SE Seattle. We believe by having a collective voice–one that is inclusive of communities of colors and those who are often missing from important conversations– we can advocate and see important changes for our children and families. SESEC’s work is divided into two broad categories: 1) advocacy/policy/systems change and 2) community building. This position will support both by building relationships with schools and partners that will help to drive our advocacy work, and bring resources to SE Seattle.
- Fundraising (60%):
- Write approximately 3-5 grants or letters of inquiry a month for SESEC, schools, and partners (this position will write grants for both SESEC and for community partners)
- Partner with community based organizations and schools to determine which of their projects are ready for action and write a grant to help secure funding for the project
- Prospect research and tracking of projects ready for grantwriting
- Work with the Executive Director to build relationships with funders and donors
- Administrative and Fiscal oversight (10%):
- Build a database to support fundraising, membership, and advocacy
- Track grant reports and ensure they are filed on-time
- Support the internal infrastructure growth of a growing organization
- Community engagement and relationship building (20%):
- Build authentic and long-lasting relationships with coalition members and school partners to learn about their needs and help to close gaps
- Manage donor and coalition communication
- Manage the website, including a redesign or comprehensive update of the website
- Other duties as assigned (10%):
- Work with the Executive Director to build a strong, integrated, and nimble organization
- Minimum two years of experience writing grants; preferably writing around education and communities of color and other overlooked communities
- Experience working with schools and nonprofits, communities of color, and/or immigrant and refugee communities reflective of SE Seattle
- Ability to build trusting relationships with communities of color, school leaders, and community members
- Able to work under deadlines and pay attention to details
- Experience building relationships with funders
- Experience working with coalitions and in small-organizations helpful
- Flexible and enjoy helping to develop systems and structures, and tolerate growth and change
- We work in an open concept office and will be expected to manage your time and able to focus when needed and collaborate
- Be able to work with diverse teams and coalition members
- Committed to the mission of equity, cultivating a coalition, building the capacity of schools and community based organizations,
What you will get out of this: This is a four-day a week (.8 FTE) position that pays $34,000-38,400. This position will become full-time as funding becomes available. Medical and dental insurance covered at 75%. 18 days of Paid Time Off. Flexible, family-friendly schedule, some nights and weekends will be required. This is a great opportunity for someone who wants not just a job, but an opportunity to grow a movement around quality and equitable education. You will work closely with the E.D. to grow SESEC and work closely with SESEC’s partners and schools.
Other Information: Because SESEC is fiscally sponsored by the Vietnamese Friendship Association (VFA), the A.D. will be employed by VFA and subject to VFA’s personnel policies. VFA is an equal opportunity employer. People of color and those from Southeast Seattle are strongly encouraged to apply.
Application Process: Resume and cover letter addressing how you are a great fit for SESEC. Please include a list of three professional references. Please send application in one document. If you advance to the interview round we will ask you to provide two writing samples, including one grant proposal.
Position is open until filled,
first review date is 5 February, 5.00 p.m., extended until Monday, 9 February, 5.00 p.m.
Email applications to email@example.com, no phone calls.