Getting ready for our first annual (first monthly??) Holiday Happy Hour last week, the SESEC staff took some time to list some of our top accomplishments for 2013. This is a small representation of the many things we accomplished, both as a staff, as a Coalition and as a community. One of the most important things we built this year was community. Our steering committee chair, Vu, recently wrote a great post about community.
Check it out. In the meantime, we’re posting a few photos of our Coalition at work with our new staff, Yalonda, Marcus and Anita. We can’t wait to see what we’ll build together in 2014! Please leave a comment if you have accomplishments to add.
- 4 level 5 schools in SE Seattle!
- Funding to add 3 staff to the effort
- $5000 distributed through family engagement grants
- Raise your voice! dinners for family engagement and School/CBO partnerships
- Began to map school/community/family ecosystem
- Collaboration with schools for Levy funding – success with Wing Luke, Dearborn Park pending
- Secured funding for initial African American advisory meetings
- Secured seed funding and leveraged funding for support for International Baccalaureate program and Rainier Beach High School.
- Early learning action team began development of Family Friends and Neighbor caregiver campaign
- English Language Learner action team began collaboration with Seattle Public Schools around English Language Learner family engagement
- Case Management action committee contributed to development of pilot cultural navigator program